Saitek’s Pro Flight Instrument Panel (FIP) comes with an XML file that defines the order of gauges to be shown when starting up. The default order is:
Altimeter<-> Airspeed<-> Attitude
<-> Compass <-> Turn Indicator <-> Vertical Speed
This order is also true to the sequence of gauge starting when more than one FIP are included in the system. By editing the XML file, the order of the six gauges to be shown can be arranged as desired.
Here are the steps:
1) Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Saitek\DirectOutput directory and locate SaiFlightSimX.xml
2) Make a backup of the XML file for safety purpose.
3) Open the XML file with Notepad.
4) In the file, there are six <Gauge Timeout= >……</Gauge> sections
5) The first line of each section represents a specific gauge:
6) Rearrange these six gauges (whole section or just the first line) into the order of your choice. The earlier the position of the specific gauge is in the file, the earlier it will show up when the FIP is activated.
7) When done, save and exit the file.
The next time the FIP is activated, the gauge(s) will appear in the order just set.
Additional Tweak – Remove Saitek Product Images
When FIP is activated before FSX is loaded or after FSX is exited, it will alternately display the serial number of the FIP and Saitek’s other Pro Flight product images. You can delete these advertising images (not the serial number one) or replace them with your own pictures if you don’t like them.
Just go to C:\Program Files\Saitek\DirectOutput directory and remove all jpg images named Fip(1-5). It is advisable to move these images to a backup folder just in case they are needed in the future.
These images are having a dimension of 320 x 240. They can be replaced by pictures having the same spec and using the same Fip naming.
Note: Windows 7 64-bit system has both Program Files and Program Files (x86) directories for 64-bit and 32-bit applications respectively. If a 32-bit windows is involved, locations of files mentioned above may vary.