Approaching Innsbruck airports
If Error 1-80004005 is encountered during FSX Acceleration activation, follow the steps below to remove it:
1) Locate the entry below by regedit.exe
2) Look at UpperFilters key. It should contain “PartMgr” only.
3) If the key shows something more, mark down what they are
before editing the key to read “PartMgr” only.
4) Start FSX, the activation dialog should be prompted.
5) Proceed and let FSX start, then exit FSX.
6) Edit back the registry key with the previous content. (This step may not be required.)
According to Microsoft, if you remove FSX from the computer and then try to reinstall the game, FSX does not install and you receive a “1722” error message, which represents that a system level failure has occurred. In most cases, you will receive another error message that is followed by a “1605” installer error message.
To solve the problem, one needs to obtain the Software Licensing System Reset Tool (MSKB928080.exe) and extract the files to C:\MicrosoftKB928080. If an Open File – Security Warning dialog box appears, click Run. Now run the Software Licensing System Reset Tool as below:
- Click Start
- Click All Programs
- Click Accessories
- Click Command Prompt
- At the command prompt, type the following command in the Open box: C:\MicrosoftKB928080\resetsldl –All
- Click OK